Our Vision, Mission and Aims
To provide an excellent, balanced education in a nurturing and challenging learning environment producing confident world class citizens who strive to be the best.
To make learners confident and creative builders of their future
- To ensure academic rigour and achievement
- To provide a balanced and exciting curriculum
- To encourage our children to meet academic challenges, with openness, enthusiasm and a willingness to solve problems
- To encourage self- discipline and high standards of behaviour and attainment
- To develop loyalty, leadership, tolerance and a sense of responsibility and respect for others
- To develop a commitment to strive for self- improvement
- Effective communication and team work
- To encourage creativity, curiosity and analytical thought
- To provide an atmosphere where being ready for the challenges of being a global citizen goes hand in hand with pride and dignity in their heritage
First classed Balanced Education Aims:
- Is broad and balanced. It is geared towards us achieving our vision.
All students should have the opportunity to follow all subjects of the national curriculum at KS3. It enables them to develop intellectually, creatively, socially and physically.
- Provides enjoyment, boosts self-esteem and raises aspirations
the curriculum should motivate all students to want to learn,
- Promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
our students develop as rounded citizens through the totality of their educational experience.
- Encompasses the acquisition of personal, learning and thinking skills
All subjects will emphasise the teaching, learning, assessment and progression in cross curricular skills.
- Emphasises the importance of Literacy and Numeracy
All students are able to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in Literacy and Numeracy through discrete lessons and across the curriculum.
- Enables students to understand the connections between different subjects
All students should increasingly experience a curriculum which includes the study of some themes that cross traditional subject boundaries.
- Prepares young people for the future
All students should be equipped with the knowledge, skills and understanding to achieve as highly as possible at Key Stage 4 and beyond.