Head Teacher’s Welcome Letter
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.’’ Dr. Martin Luther King Jnr.
It is my pleasure to introduce to you Springhall British Secondary School. The School has been established since 2018. The School has at its core a spirit of ‘Continuous Improvement’, a quest for Excellence in all that we do. Springhall is a place in which each student is at the heart of all we do.
From our mission statement, as stated below you get an idea of who we are and what we stand for:
- To make learners confident and creative builders of their future.
- To ensure academic rigour and achievement
- To provide a balanced and exciting curriculum.
- To encourage children to meet academic challenges, with openness, enthusiasm and a willingness to solve problems.
- To encourage self-discipline and high standards of behaviour and attainment.
- To develop loyalty, leadership, tolerance and a sense of responsibility and respect for others.
- To develop a commitment to strive for self-improvement.
- Effective communication and team work.
- To encourage creativity, curiosity and analytical thought.
- To provide an atmosphere where being ready for the challenge of being a global citizen goes hand in hand with pride and dignity in their heritage.
Over the years as the School has grown in size and structures, it is clear that those who have passed through our doors have all one thing in common, they are a ‘Springer’, what does that mean? It means at the heart of all they do is that they are a ‘Critical Thinker’, ‘Creative’, ‘Communicate’ with others, ‘Collaborate’ and work as part of a team and also see themselves as Global ‘Citizens’ able to adapt to any ‘culture’ and able to ‘Connect’ all learning with a desire to achieve ‘Academic Excellence’, be of ‘Good Moral Character’ and display ‘Self Confidence’. This is at the heart of all that we do at Springhall British Secondary School. We desire that our students to have a 21st Century Learning Experience, so that they will create the 21st Century jobs in the future. We desire ‘Springers’ to be productive citizens responsible for their futures.
The curriculum that we offer is British and therefore meets all International standards and benchmarks. Our students are prepared for International examinations and have achieved excellent results, indeed well above the global average.
We offer a curriculum which is focused on personalised learning, ‘Every Child Matters’ and we believe that ‘No Child Should Be Left Behind’. We offer interactive teaching by highly qualified and experienced specialist teachers. Students are monitored and mentored so as to achieve their full potential.
Our School is a place where the voice of the learner is listened too as we develop leadership programs for our students to take ownership of their learning and to understand the responsibility that goes with any position given.
As our School Motto says, ‘I Can’, we in still in our students the gift of wisdom, give them the opportunities to show wisdom in the decisions they make. We encourage them to show courage by accepting that in life we make mistakes, but is courage that is needed to learn from them and to carry on to the next stage of their journey.
I invite you to look through our website, in it you will be given a flavour of who we are and what we stand for. I also invite you to get in touch and come see us. I hope you will be encouraged that Springhall British Secondary School is the best place for your Child and I look forward to welcoming you into the Springhall Family.