Tour of Our Facilities
Springhall British Secondary School seeks pupils who can contribute to and benefit from our preparatory programme. The head teacher and class teachers will meet with the child and parents in the class setting to look at suitability of the school for the child and vice versa. Typically, those decisions are based upon multiple criteria, among which will be:
- Developmental maturity;
- Affiliation with the school.
Springhall British Secondary School reserves the right to refuse placement if we believe this will be detrimental to the care and well-being of your child or children in our care.
Where there is a waiting list, priority will be given to children with existing sibling(s) in the school.
It is the policy of the school not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or disability which is unrelated to the ability to enjoy the benefits of the school’s programmes, facilities, or services. All persons are encouraged to apply.
Children are admitted into school only at the beginning of a session, except in very special cases.
Interested parents may call the school on +234 806 843 3961 to book an appointment to tour the school and/or have their child assessed for the most suitable class.
The Entrance Exams will be held in the Spring annually and will hold on the following dates in 2019:
Saturday January 30th 2021
Saturday February 13th 2021
Saturday March 27th 2021
The entrance exams are scheduled for 9:00am til 1:00pm and start promptly and the venue is School premises.
The content tested includes the following:
- Math: Arithmetic and Reasoning
- English: Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar, Reading, and Writing.
Students should come prepared with pencils and pens, erasers, and calculators (needed for only a portion of the math exam in Year 8 only).
Organisation of Classes
Springhall British Secondary School currently only admits children from the age of eleven years to fourteen years into Years 7, 8, 9 and 10.
We adopt an age policy to ensure that all children are correctly placed in order that they can achieve their potential by engaging in age-appropriate activities.
All children must be the following age by 31st August of the academic year of entry:
Year 7: 11 years
Year 8: 12 years
Year 9: 13 years
Year 10: 14 years
Payment of School Fees
A child is formally admitted into Springhall British School only at the issuance of an admission letter and full payment of all fees, including for uniforms.
Springhall operates a payment policy in order to maintain the standards of the school by engaging qualified practitioners and providing a safe and stimulating learning environment for all pupils.
We believe that our fees are very competitive and represent excellent value for your money.
The following also apply:
- Fees are due on the first day of each term.
- No part of the school fees may be prorated.
- The school does not make refunds. However, funds may be transferred between items for same child or siblings.
- Cash payments are not allowed in the school.
- Whole-year payment made before June 30th for the following year attracts a 5% discount on tuition only.
- Admission offered to a 3rd or 4th sibling in a family attracts a 5% discount on tuition only.
- At the end of each session and in order that the school plans for returning pupils, parents are requested to pay 50% of tuition for the first term by the end of July of that year. Parents who do not pay or inform the school of their intending return may forfeit the space to new pupils.
- At the end of each session, bills are sent home a week before school closes. Where a parent does not get a bill at this time, please notify the class teacher or call +234 806 843 3961.
GET ADMISSION FORM (LINK)
Enroll your child today. CLICK HERE to download the enrollment form.